Term of Reference (TOR)
Civil Campaign “Nash Dom” from Belarus is seeking an external consultant who would advise the campaign team in developing and implementing a coherent communication strategy. The consultant will follow closely “Nash Dom’s” communication products and hold online and on sight consultation sessions in order to improve the campaign’s outreach to the target groups as well as assist the campaign in creating a new image and identity. The services shall facilitate the elaboration and spreading of coherent campaign messages that will not only attract new followers of the campaign but also strengthen the affection of the current campaign members and supporters.
The ideal candidate will have a proven experience in the media sector as well as a proven ability to work in the post-soviet environment as well as knowledge of the political context of the region and Belarus. He or she will be committed to dedicate at least half of her/his work time to consulting the “Nash Dom” team as well as to conduct on sight sessions in Vilnius. The expected period should last from June until September 2013.
About “Nash Dom”
Civic campaign “Nash Dom” is a public organization active in Belarus since 2005. It currently coordinates 23 urban volunteer networks in the country from its headquarters in Vilnius. It also publishes a registered newspaper under the same title (“Nash Dom”) in Smolensk (Russia). For more information, please visit the website www.nash-dom.info.
Campaign’s main goal is to hold elected officials accountable to the public. By raising citizens’ awareness that public officials have to be held responsible for their decisions and fulfill their duties, the campaign aims at promoting an increased sense of responsibility among the population and a more active civic participation, especially in the community-level decision making.
The consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Following campaign’s communication output, advising the team on their communication products: website, newspaper, newsletter, videos, public appearances, interviews etc.
- Developing a coherent communication strategy and assisting the team in implementing it
- Conducting regular offline consultations
- Consulting the campaign on its organizational structure, and organizational development strategies
- Conducting on sight mentoring sessions
- Assisting the team in deepening their knowledge about the target groups: about their needs, problems, fears, aspirations, their awareness and opinion about the campaign
- Working with the team in reviewing and reformulating the vision, mission and goals of the campaign
ND is seeking candidates who excel in relationship-building and are results-oriented. The candidates should have:
- A track record of work in the media sector during last 10 years
- A proven experience in consulting civic or political campaigns during the past 10 years
- A university degree in media or communication
- A demonstrated commitment toward consulting civic movements on a high level
- Proven experience working in difficult, sensitive, repressive and stressful working environment
- Working knowledge of Russian
- Knowledge of the political context of the post-soviet countries is a plus.
Compensation commensurate with experience and consultant previous fees.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is June 25, 2013. Only successful candidates will be contacted for further interviews.